Your air conditioner or heat pump keeps you cool, safe, and secure during the blazing hot summer. It’s no longer a luxury-it’s something you must have in your home! But when is the right time to have your cooling equipment replaced? We hear that question all the time. Here are six signs that you should look for that may indicate it’s time to replace your air conditioner or heat pump
- Your heat pump or air conditioner is more than 10 years old. You may want to consider replacing your cooling equipment with a unit that’s earned the Energy Star label. When installed properly, these high-efficiency units can help you save up to 20% on your heating and cooling costs.
- Your cooling equipment needs frequent repairs. If every summer your unit needs constant tweaks to keep running, not only are the repairs costing you-it’s highly likely the unit is very inefficient and wasting tons of energy. It may be more beneficial to replace the unit than continue to throw money away on it.
- Some rooms in your home are too hot or too cold. If you always notice that some rooms are incredibly uncomfortable, it may mean that your unit isn’t operating properly. It also could be an issue with ductwork.
- Your home seems to have humidity problems. Poor equipment operation, inadequate equipment, and leaky ductwork are often the causes for air to be too dry in the winter or too humid in the summer.
- Your home has excessive dust. Leaky ductwork can pull in dust particles from the attic, crawl spaces, and basements and spread them throughout your home. If that’s happening, it also means you’re losing valuable conditioned air, which is wasting your money and putting excessive stress on your system!
- Your cooling system is noisy. Your air conditioner shouldn’t sound like a plan getting ready to take off! It could be a sign that a fan is out of alignment, you could have a problem with your coil, or maybe your duct system is undersized.
If you haven’t had your cooling system evaluated this year, you should absolutely do so soon! The high summer temperatures put excessive e stress on your unit. If it’s in poor condition, it could breakdown at any moment – and cooling systems always seem to breakdown on especially hot days.
Call (360) 558-3242 for a complimentary evaluation of your home’s cooling system! We’re also running specials on tune-ups, which should be done to your system every year to help ensure it operates at peak efficiency, saving you money and elongating its life!