The spring season is the perfect time for an HVAC cleaning, as winter can be unforgiving on HVAC equipment. You know you’re going to need air conditioning as the weather warms up. It’s a good idea to make sure your AC is ready, so it is efficient and less likely to break down. These tips will help ensure your system is ready for spring.
Get an HVAC Tune-up
Now is a great time to have your HVAC tuned up. A professional tune-up factors in all the maintenance points that contribute to a reliable, long-lasting, clean HVAC system. In general, a tune-up involves:
- HVAC Filter Replacement: This is one of the first tasks a technician will perform. A clean filter maintains optimal airflow and prevents dust and outside particles from affecting the air quality in your home.
- Clean the System: Spring maintenance should involve cleaning the evaporator fan, kitchen/bathroom fans, coils, drain pans, registers/grills, plenum space, blower motor, and heat exchanger.
- Air Duct Cleaning: Dust, dandruff, pet hair, and a variety of other contaminants can get stuck in your ductwork, affect HVAC performance, and recirculate into your home, triggering allergies and discomfort.
- Debris Removal: Your outside unit may have leaves, branches, soil, and other debris left behind from winter storms and natural processes. Clearing the unit allows parts to move without restriction and ensures the unit is properly ventilated.
- Worn Parts Replacement: As wear and tear affect individual parts, a tune-up lets a technician make repairs before more serious HVAC problems occur.
There are many reasons an HVAC tune-up is beneficial. Some of the top ones include:
- Reduced Risk of Breakdown: While your AC may have taken a rest for the winter, mechanical and electrical issues may still be present. Systems are often strained a bit when started for the first time. Minor issues can therefore turn into big headaches; start the season off with a tune-up to ensure your HVAC system will run smoothly on hot days and nights.
- Improve Energy Efficiency: Replacing the filter, lubricating parts, and cleaning the interior of your HVAC system allow it to run more efficiently, reducing energy consumption and potentially cutting the cost of your monthly utility bills.
- Improve Indoor Air Quality (IAQ): Removing dust and debris from inside the cooling system keeps your indoor space free of irritating and sometimes harmful particles. These can be much more concentrated than outdoors. Cleaning an HVAC system is therefore a very important maintenance task.
Get an Inspection
The sooner you schedule your HVAC inspection, the better. Calls tend to pick up in the summer when people start experiencing more AC problems. But getting a tune-up early often avoids long wait times. We’ll inspect your system for excess moisture, leakage, rust, corrosion, and signs it may be overheating. Our technicians can also check how well it is performing and test major cooling and electrical components. Typically, any necessary adjustments or repairs can be completed on the spot.
Contact Black Hills Home Services Inc.
Request a service appointment online to ensure you get the AC maintenance you need. The technicians at Black Hills Home Services are dedicated to providing HVAC cleaning, tune-ups, and inspections for customers in the Olympia area. We are highly regarded for professional service and quality parts. And with our Silver Club maintenance program, you can receive priority service, special offers, and discounted rates. Call 888-834-7479 today!