During the hours spent in the kitchen, you’d be surprised how many times you use the faucets. They’re perhaps the most commonly used plumbing components. Contacting a plumber for faucet repair helps avoid further problems, but it is also important to know when plumbing fixture upgrades are necessary. Here are signs it’s time for a kitchen faucet update and tips on what to consider in the process.
Signs It’s Time for A Change
Many people are just fine with their kitchen faucets as long as they’re running. But even if a faucet is working, an update can be beneficial. Consider a change for any of the following:
- Faulty/Leaky Fixtures: A dripping faucet may leak so slowly you barely notice, or the sound can be unbearably irritating. Either way, it can waste thousands of gallons per year and increase your water bill. Updating your faucets and fixtures can therefore help conserve water and save you money in the long run.
- Discoloring: Corrosion, rust, mold, and general wear and tear can take away a faucet’s shine and completely ruin the finish. Faucets are routinely exposed to water, moisture, and humidity. The conditions are ripe for rust and mold growth. Discoloration makes your kitchen look old and dingy; the only way to fix that is to update your faucets.
- Your Space Needs an Update: If you have an older style faucet, and are considering a kitchen remodel, installing newer, more modern-looking faucets is common sense. Many types of faucets are available, each in different colors and styles. You can thus find a product that matches your sink, cabinets, backsplash, appliances, and other kitchen elements.
What to Consider
Upgrading a faucet is generally not a challenging or technical task. You don’t have to completely remodel your kitchen to gain function and aesthetics. Nevertheless, an updated faucet can have far-reaching benefits if you take the following considerations:
- Kitchen Style: A sink faucet is relatively small compared to everything else in your kitchen. But if it matches stylistically, it will help enhance the look of the room. Whether you have a traditional, modern, or transitional kitchen, there are suitable faucet options. Additionally, the faucet must fit the sink, so you must check whether the mounting holes are compatible, and whether the unit will connect with your water pipes.
- Functionality: The level of function desired impacts the type of kitchen faucet you should select. Style is just one factor. Other considerations include whether you prefer a faucet head with a pulldown or pullout design. A one- or two-handle model might be better suited depending on your needs. Some faucets have sprayers. Integrated features can make room for other accessories such as filtration components or built-in soap pumps.
- Pricing: Faucets range in pricing to work with any budget. There are many individual factors to consider when deciding on a price point. Your ideal price range may vary whether you plan to update your entire sink or take on a larger kitchen remodel. Function, style, and color are important considerations, as well as how the faucet accommodates the space.
Contact Black Hills Inc. Home Services
Have you decided it’s time to update your faucet, sink, or plumbing? If looking for plumbers near you in the Olympia area, Black Hills Home Services can help with repairs, installation, and maintenance, even if the issue is limited to your kitchen sink. Our plumbers can also help select and install a sink faucet if you’re not comfortable with a DIY job. They provide electrical rewiring, water heater repair, and HVAC installation services as well. Request service online or call 888-743-1041 today to schedule a visit.